Sunday, November 29, 2009

Verabschiedung

It was until today, 29th of November, that the realisation of leaving my friends behind finally hit home. Tonight, after church, I had to say "Goodbye" to a couple of friends, who are going away from Townsville permanently, and who I won't probably see them again, giving that I'll depart from Australia in a few months. It is not that I could stop over in Brisbane or Melbourne in a year's time, and get to see them again. The blue Pacific will indeed be a constant reminder of the physical separation between us.

Yet, as Christians, we are one body in Christ, and there is a special bond between each individual and the other bunch of individuals that form the Church. Even when geographical distance and time differences may indicate a true separation, we are not separated at all in the Lord.

Having said that, my heart grieves at the thought of leaving my friends in Townsville behind, since they have become my family in Australia. But sometimes "Goodbye" is the only way to go, and I know that God allows it for a reason.

And thanks to God there are things like Facebook and Skype! :)

To those who leave Townsville before me: may God be with you where you go, and I'm incredibly thankful for the memories and the time spent together. I hope to keep in touch with you all :).

No comments: